iPad User Agreement
Riverview Charter School is pleased to offer a 1:1 iPad Program for students in grades six through eight. Students will use this digital tool to access assignments and textbooks, post homework, receive messages from their teachers, and other educational tools. Student iPads are as important to the middle school classroom as a pencil is to the elementary classroom. Welcome to the digital age and to 21st Century Learning!
- The Riverview Technology Acceptable Use Policy applies to student use of school iPads (see Family Handbook);
- School issued iPads are the property of Riverview Charter School (RCS) and are subject to unannounced random checks by Riverview faculty;
- Students may not remove the serial number asset tag or any other identifiers placed on the device by Riverview;
- Students may not alter the configuration on their school issued iPad;
- Students may not sync their iPad to any computer other than the authorized Riverview computer;
- Riverview issues iPads to students for ACADEMIC use. During school hours non-academic uses by students (e.g., shopping, sports scores, games, etc) should be limited to teacher approved times and activities.
- The Internet must not be used to access, create, transmit, print, or download material that is derogatory, defamatory, obscene, or offensive.
- Downloading or disseminating copyrighted material from any source without permission is a violation of copyright law.
- Logging in to another student’s iPad is prohibited;
- Students may not use school iPads to send/receive personal emails;
- Downloading and/or streaming music, videos, games, apps, and books is prohibited unless specifically assigned or approved by a teacher or the school’s technology department;
- iPads may not be taken to lunch or recess;
- When transporting the iPad between home and school (or between classes during school), iPads must be stowed safely and out of sight. This includes during dismissal and while riding the bus.
- Damages and/or lost/stolen iPads MUST be reported immediately.
Care and Use of iPad
- Students are REQUIRED to have their iPads in the case provided by the school AT ALL TIMES.
- Students are REQUIRED to have their iPads daily (with a fully charged battery) in order to access necessary materials such as textbooks. If a student doesn’t bring their iPad, their grades may suffer due to their inability to participate in class activities, lessons and assignments;
- All images contained on the iPad must be school appropriate;
- Students will set a password to unlock their iPads. Students are responsible for remembering this password, and students share their password at their own risk.
- Sound must be muted at all times unless permission is obtained from the teacher.
- Care must be kept in order to keep the iPad from being damaged. Do not eat or drink while using the iPad. iPads may only be cleaned with approved cleaning cloths and solutions Students and their families are responsible for repairs (see Technology Acceptable Use Policy in Family Handbook);
- If damages to a student device do occur, please refer to your Parent Portal account for technology repair costs. Once repaired, your account will be billed according to the Technology Acceptable Use Policy;
- The security of school issued iPads is the responsibility of the student at all times. Students must take all appropriate precautions to avoid theft or damage.
- The iPad and its case (if school issued) MUST remain free of any writing, drawing, stickers, or labels that are not the property of RCS.
- Any attempt to alter data, configuration, or files of another user will be considered an act of vandalism.
- The presence of files/materials/data relating to weapons, adult oriented content, inappropriate language, alcohol, drugs, gang related content, inappropriate/unauthorized photography/videography, bullying and/or any other inappropriate or illegal content will result in disciplinary action and, when deemed appropriate by Leadership, referral to law enforcement.
Apple IDs for Students
Riverview students will be provided with a Student Apple ID. The Student Apple ID will allow students to enroll their school iPad on our school server, as well as access content pushed out by the technology department.
In addition, Student Apple IDs will:
- allow iPads to back up automatically to iCloud;
- access work via iCloud from any device/computer;
- allow for bookmarks and notes to be taken in iBooks;
- enroll and participate in iTunes U courses;
Consequences for Violations of iPad User Agreement
- The first offense requires a conference with the parent, student, teacher, and Leadership Team member;
- The second offense results in one day of In-School Suspension;
- The third offense results in two days of Out of School Suspension;
- Each offense thereafter results in two additional days of Out of School Suspension;
- Should a pattern of behavior emerge in violation of this agreement, students may be subject to Expulsion;
Riverview provides a high level of internet content filtering on campus through our wireless network. However, content filtering is not always 100% effective. Student use of the internet during school hours will be monitored by adults. Please be aware that the iPad is Wi-Fi capable. Once off of school grounds, students will be able to access the Internet. Riverview is not responsible for content viewed on other wireless networks during non-school hours.